Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Check out MDT (Eclipse Plugin for Smallworld)

On Thursday, 12 May from 14:40-16:10 in the Doppler Hall, Astec will be presenting MDT (Magik Development Toolkit) in a session where they show a full end-to-end project workflow.

I have to admit that I haven't tried MDT for quite a few years. I tend to think of myself as someone that is quite content with Emacs. But some of the stuff I briefly saw at the Astec booth tonight at the SW EMEAI Users Conference piqued my interest and I plan to be a the workshop. I really like how they have integrated Mylyn context management, SVN and bugzilla to provide and easy way to manage development tasks within the IDE. I also heard that they will be demonstrating how to use the Eclipse UML modelling tools to generate Magik code. I can't wait to see that!

I wonder if the UML modelling can be extended to help visualize complex hierarchies like the configuration XML files in Smallworld?

See you at the demonstration on Thursday afternoon.

No comments: