Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Exporting internal world geometries from Smallworld using FME

I recently had a reader ask me...

I exported from Smallworld into ESRI shape format using FME. However, I noticed that the only features/collections that have a shape file output are the objects in geographic world. I checked the logs of objects in internal world but the log shows that the features were skipped. I would like to ask if you know the approach in these types of objects.

My response...

Have a look at method fme_tics_client.int!create_feature()

You will see a line that looks like...

geoms << rec.geometry_set_for_world(world)

... that is the one that is causing only geometries in the main GIS world to be considered.

You could try replacing that line with something like this...

geoms << geometry_set.new_from_iter(rec,:all_geometry|()|,_false)

... I haven't tested this, but I expect it might work. Use at your own risk :)

No comments: